Indian government launched its Covid-19 tracker app called Aarogya Setu last month in a bid to track the spread of the Covid-19 in the country. The app gained popularity among the masses and it touched the 50 million mark within 13 days of its launch.
Both government and private organizations are pushing people to download the Aarogya Setu app. If you haven’t downloaded the app yet, here are five things you should know about it:
1. Aarogya Setu app is mandatory for all government and public sector employees.
2. The government has also made the app mandatory for all private-sector employees.
3. The Aarogya Setu app has also been made compulsory for people living in the coronavirus Containment Zones inside the 130 districts identified as the Red Zones.
4. Once the manufacturing of smartphones resumes in India, the Aarogya Setu app is expected to be pre-installed on all smartphones in the country.
5. The Government’s decision to make the Aarogya Setu app compulsory for all users has raised concerns among the security experts many of whom have raised questions about the safety of the data.
How to use Aarogya Setu App?
1- Download the Aarogya Setu App from Google Play Store(for Android users) or App Store (for iOS users).
2- Select a language.
3- Switch on Bluetooth and Location from settings of your phone.
4- Set location sharing to "Always" from your phone's settings.
5- You will now be asked to register. Click on the 'Register'
6- Click on the 'I Agree' button.
7- You will now be asked for your mobile number.
8- Enter the mobile number and the OTP received.
9- Now you can access the app. Take self-assessment tests, read the guidelines, determine the risk factor, and more.
To Download, app click here: Aarogya Setu App